Smiling changes your focus and physiology. Physiology accounts for 55% of how you create meaning and emotion. When you choose to smile, you can change your mood within a few moments to focus on something more positive, reduce stress and increase well-being.
Here's how you can create more mindfulness and well-being in your community on World Smile Day!
1. Check out the Action for Happiness website
2. Research their resources to understand how to be happier
3. Choose some resources to share within your school community
4. Set up a Google Classroom
5. Ask students and teachers to use their smart phones to take smile selfies and upload them to the Google Classroom
6. Create a free Powtoon account or other video software and make a slideshow montage of your 'Smile Community'
There are hundreds of ways to use your own creativity to come up with activities!
What are yours? Post your activities on the Flow In Action Facebook page and tag with @flowinaction #flowinaction
Photo credit (c) Elaine France